October 3, 2007

ANTM Ep.3 (10/3)

ANTM - cwtv
Episode 3: October 3rd

See ya Kimberly!
I can't say that I'm saddened or the least bit shocked by Kimberly's boot from the show. During her photo shoot she said that while some girls can be fierce and mysterious, she just wants to be normal and a good role model to the girls who have a normal life. Well I'm sure JC Penney's has a nice spot in their catalog for her. She was in the wrong competition.



Photo Shoot - High Fashion Rock Climbing
Suspended by ropes the women took photos on a rock climbing wall wearing high fashion gowns for a contrasting and amazing fashion image.

The Challenge - Straitjacket Runway Walk
The women arrived at the "Fashion Madhouse" and were greeted by Ms. J chasing some dude in a straitjacket with a shoe. Today Ms. J would give the ladies individual runway lessons in straitjackets and heels to prepare them for fashion shows that require them to wear restrictive clothing. In the couture fashion show challenge, wearing gowns by Colleen Quinn, the girls were judged on their walk, their ability to move in a restrictive garment, and being able to bring out the spirit of the clothing. Saleisha won her second challenge in a row. Her prize, a runway show debuting Quinn's collection in Paris.

The Panel -
Tyra, Twiggy, Nigel, Roy Campbell, & Little Orphan Ms. J
Who Was Great?

Ambreal - She looked like a real pro during the photo shoot and it came across in her photo. The panel said it was elegant and she made it all about her. It was one of the best but Twiggy isn't 100% sold on her. She's still skimming by under the radar.

Victoria - Twiggy said she has a special quality about her and she's very unusual. If by unusual she meant she looked like a bug trying to climb up a rock, she was right. At the photo shoot Mr. J asked what she was thinking while taking the photo. She said "I felt like I was a sea nymph on acid, scaling a wall in the sunshine." Say what?! Poetic or insane...you tell me? There's a thin line you know. She seriously lacks social skills. No matter how far she makes it, that's what will get her in the end.

Jenah - As a former rock climbing instructor the photo shoot was very natural for her. I liked her pose a lot but I'm still not feeling her face. She had a Tinkerbell thing going on and it definitely worked. They said it was beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, and maybe the best.

Lisa - Tyra said her body was great but her face was too self conscious in a lot of her shots. Her photo was one of the best but sometimes she looks kinda dorky at judging. I take that back...she is kinda dorky. Or maybe just goofy. It doesn't matter...I locked her in as my fave and my pick for the winner on the first episode.

Janet - Tyra said she was too self-conscious and basically got a lucky shot because every so often a good frame would surface. But lucky doesn't equal skill. Roy and Nigel said that if they saw her in a mall that they wouldn't look twice but she photographs beautifully. Well maybe I'm crazy because I feel just the opposite. I haven't liked any of her photos since the first episode but I think she's beautiful in person and she has a great runway walk. But today she didn't look so great at judging so maybe Roy and Nigel are right.

Heather - They felt like Heather definitely brought something out and though boring in person she continues to deliver great pictures. I think that pretty much sums it up. She looked like Wonder Woman in her photo but she has a very natural talent. However...I really don't think it matters. When she makes it to the top five (and she will), she's gonna go on those go-sees and her lack of communication skills is going to kill her.

Saleisha - Best shot of the group tonight...no question about that. But Tyra said she has a certain commonality like the "pretty girl next door" and she'll have to force her way to high fashion. I don't disagree, but I do think that Tyra looks a bit on the average side herself. When I was in high school I remember my grandmother seeing Tyra on TV and saying "if she can be a model, so can you." Ummmmm.....thanks? So if Tyra can make it, don't count Saleisha out because she has a chance too.

Ebony - Ebony finally admitted that she doesn't have a damn clue. She approached the panel like she was already defeated and was told that she needs to walk in with confidence even if its faked. Roy said she doesn't have the tough skin it takes in the industry. She needs to work on those insecurity issues. I give her two more weeks.

Chantal - I have no idea what to say about her photo. She looked like...I don't know what she looked like. But the panel has spoken and said it was a great high fashion headshot.

Not So Great
Bianca - "You look mad that you had to climb that damn wall," were the words of Ms. J. Bianca had the nerve to say that she was told to focus on one emotion and she chose the one that would come easiest...anger. What kinda damn sense does that make? She's just an angry, insecure, little girl with low self-esteem. That's why she's always putting people down. I actually feel kind of bad for her. She's intimidated by the other models - mainly by Saleisha it seems - and it shows. Nigel said she looked uncomfortable. I think he meant constipated.

Kimberly - Mr. J said she thinks modeling is a two-dimensional art and wants to look like a typical model. Twiggy said she looked like she hit the wall (lol). She really lacked creativity and the ability to just let go. Tyra said she always looks hoochie. I didn't like her and she was next on my list to go anyway (I thought Bianca was going first). Oh well...she won't be missed.

Sarah - Tyra said the camera loves her face and she did great but Nigel said she's awkward in person. I like Sarah but I still think she's just a pretty girl. She has a cool personality but she's floating under the radar. Once they get the really bad ones out, she's next.

Who got called first?
Jenah

Covergirl of the Week?
Heather!

Bottom 2?
Kimberly & Bianca. Those two could've both left for all I care. They were my next two picks to get the boot. I couldn't figure out who sucks the most between them. It's still a toss up if you ask me. Kimberly sucks but Bianca's attitude sucks. And she hates Saliesha's guts! Jealousy.

Who's going home next week?
My bottom 2 predictions:
Bianca - Last week I thought she was going home tonight. She probably would have if Tyra hadn't saved her seeing as how she was the only judge who liked her photo. I think this is the end of the road for her. Her attitude is working against her. She's been told to soften her face at least three times and she continues to come off as angry. I do believe that she was confident at first and it wasn't a front. But
the competition is quickly wearing her down and you could almost see her crumble in just this one episode alone. Her self esteem diminished each time someone else (especially Saleisha) got a compliment. And when she didn't win the challenge she was hurt and deflated. It also didn't help that her arch enemy won. Her insecurity makes her come off petty, mean, angry, and immature with a big mouth. After an argument with Saleisha she said she can "get grimy, start cuttin up clothes, and break these b**ches down one by one." (Great goal setting skills B). But it'll be real hard to do that from her house. Because that's her next stop. No matter what she says or does, all I see is insecurity and fear.

Ebony - The only thing holding her back right now is her lack of confidence. So unless she can overcome it by next week, she's going home. But somehow this girl really grew on me and I don't want to see her leave. I just want her to have a chance to see whatever Tyra saw in her because I didn't really see it at first. OK, I still don't see it. But I think it's there. She just has to find it.

Makeovers next week. We all know what that means. At least one of them is going to cry when she gets a haircut or complain the whole time. Who will it be?

No comments: